Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Slimeline S3300f
Microsoft Windows Vista

HP Pavilion Slimline, 8 yrs old, fail to boot. Only makes 2 short beeps + 1 longer beep. Already replaced Mem chips to eliminate  any prob with Memory. HP Website's closest Beep code indicate possible prob with integrated Video. Any suggestions or options to salvage the computer?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

You could try inserting a low power graphics card in the PCI x16 slot of the motherboard which should overide the integrated graphics and see if the PC boots. 

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Can you provide the product name of a good low power PCI Graphics Video Card for HP Pavilion Slimline.

HP Recommended

> HP Slime Line

Ghostbusters!   :generic:

Your computer: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/hp-pavilion-slimline-s3300-desktop-pc-series/3644713/model/3644...

Expansion Slots:
  • one  PCI x16 slot for graphics card

It seems to have room for a "full-height" PCI-interface graphics card.

Try: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130775&cm_re=pci_x16-_-14-130-775-_-Produc...

for $25 US.  It has VGA output (same as your current video) and DVI and HDMI output.

If your monitor supports DVI-input, I recommend that you use the DVI-output from this graphics card, for better quality.

HP Recommended

The more I investigate the more complicated things become. Poking around on youtube I learn the PCI E xpress slot is there on the motherboard but not active. This leads to need for new board, new graphics card, new higher watt power supply to pwer the card, adapter to connect power supply, new memory to handle upgrade of everything, basically a new computer.  I was hoping to access the computer one last time to recover personal info. I'm waiting for respnse frm maker of youtube video to tally cost of all the new parts. If you have exact product names and locations of replacement components, so that I can make decision whether its worth spending the money, I would appreciate the help. The components seem to be scarce. Thanks.

HP Recommended

> I was hoping to access the computer one last time to recover personal info.

Instead, remove the disk-drive from the computer, and buy something like:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/startech-com-3-3-usb-3-1-adapter-cable-for-2-5-and-3-5-sata-drives-black...

Connect your SATA disk-drive to this adapter, and connect the adapter to a USB port on a computer, and you'll be able to copy all your personal files & bookmarks & E-mail messages.

HP Recommended

That was the absolute last option being considered. Thanks for your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.