cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tjjgo
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Support COMPLETELY USELESS! Monitor not detecting ANY INPUTS and STILL IN WARRANTY

HP Recommended
Z30i

HP Support are completely useless. They send me to support who can't speak English, refer me to the proper HP "UK" Support who still don't understand me, raise my case, and then tell me the below.

I have a HP Z Display Z30i still in warranty. The display has a small crack however it is still usable and only a small portion of the display is affected. Recently the monitor has stopped detecting inputs whatsoever - no VGA, no displayPort, no HDMI, etc etc. This looks to be a mainboard or input board problem, however HP tell me they can't repair it as the sreen has a small crack in it. This crack is unrelated to the input problem, however they refuse to repair the input problem, telling me "a cracked or damaged screen means no warranty".

This is ridiculous and I'm never ever going to buy HP again. Not the new EliteBook I was considering, not a new HP printer, nothing, due to the shockingly poor customer service. I want this resolved ASAP and either a new input board 1) sent to me with instructions for installation 2) monitor collected and input problem repaired by them or 3) a replacement monitor.

I understand the cracked screen is my problem however the input board certainly isn't nor is it related to the crack. It should be covered in warranty.

Thanks HP for making a £800 display a useless piece of junk and refusing to honour my warranty.

2 REPLIES 2
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,611 325 972
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tjjgo

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
tjjgo
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, that's great. I can't face another call to the useless HP support call centre again but if you could put me through to an HP engineer (or someone who knows that a slightly damaged screen =/= invalid warranty) or something that'd be great as it's ridiculous otherwise. Thanks

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation