cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP w2338h Monitor after Windows 10 upgrade display doesn't fill screen

HP Recommended
HP w2338h
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the upgrade the display on the screen does not fill the screen to the edges, but instead has about a 1 inch black border.  Prior to the upgrade, this was not the case.  I run a 2 screen display, with the HP as #1 and #2 a generic 4x3 flat panel.  All was working fine prior to the upgrade.

The Adapter is ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series; the driver for it is up to date. [8.970.100.9001 1/13/2015].  In Properties/Events, under Information there is the following message: Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_954F&SUBSYS_16131462&REV_00\4&39c120b8&0&0010 requires further installation.

FOr the Monitor, the Driver is HP 2338h WIde LCD Monitor Version 2.0.0.0.  WHen I attempt to Update, it says "The best driver software for your device is already installed."  Under Properties/Events, the Information box has the following message:

Device DISPLAY\HWP281C\5&7ba0894&0&UID257 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\HWP281C\5&7BA0894&0&UID258
Class Guid: {4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F100
Present: false

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @danschn,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that your display is has a black border after a Windows 10 upgrade.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Have you checked the display settings for your monitor in Windows 10?  Does the mouse cursor move into the black border zone or not?  HP Products - Changing Display Settings, Background Image, Icons, and Screen Saver (Windows 10,7)

If you are using the HDMI connection then look through this: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Black Border around Screen when Connecting through DVI or HDMI

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying.

Computer model: HPE-112Y

Pruduct #: VT637AAR#ABA

I have tried the display settings for the monitor.  The mouse cursor does NOT move into the black border zone.

I am using the HDMI connection.  I recall such a menu with NVIDIA Control Panel when I had WIndows 7.  Now that I have upgraded to Windows 10, there is no such menu option.  The Windows 10 right-click menu on the desktop just has Display Setting and Personalize.  I don't see either NVIDIA menu or Catalyst Control Center on Windows 10.

Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the updated information. Looking up that model, the Software and Drivers page does not have any specific drivers for it for Windows 10. Please see: HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112y Desktop PC for your reference.

What you could do is try using the HP Support AssistantHP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7). That tool may find a compatible driver for you.

Another option would be to use the HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112y Desktop PC page, and try installing the older driver for Windows 7.  You can try installing it as is, and if that does not work properly, then try installing it using Windows 10 compatibility mode. You should find this Microsoft forum page of help with this: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 - answers.microsofto.com.

Let me know if any of that helps at all.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have followed the advice and searched for answers.  None of them work.

My only inadequate solution is to lower the resolution to 1680 x 1050.  That at least fills the screen.

Waiting for the right solution...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation