cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
41 38 0 0
Message 11 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to install Recipe Box

JimT:

Hmmmm,  maybe the forum has a time limit for editing posts?

Thanks to your help, I've been able to add LiveTV and Recipe Box to my TouchSmart 3.0 program. :OpenSmile:

Now, if only you could get that MediaSmart DVD working for all of us...... :Wink: 

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
2,247 922 21 144
Message 12 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

There is a time limit for editing your posts. I went ahead and edited it, if I didn't fix the right step send me a PM. 😉

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
596 539 31 56
Message 13 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@bcope01 wrote:

JimT:

Hmmmm,  maybe the forum has a time limit for editing posts?

Thanks to your help, I've been able to add LiveTV and Recipe Box to my TouchSmart 3.0 program. :OpenSmile:

Now, if only you could get that MediaSmart DVD working for all of us...... :Wink: 

Many thanks!

I see...  As for MediaSmart DVD, that works for me and I know you know what to do about how to get yours to work for you, and you probably don't want to do that... (Clean install Windows 7)

HP Elite X2 1012 G2, HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook, HP ENVY Recline 27-k001a, HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T, HP MediaSmart EX495 Server, HP MediaVault 2020, HP ENVY 120 AiO Printer
0 Kudos
mijini8 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 14 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What would I copy to this folder?

"C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\TouchSmart\SmartCenter 2.0\DefaultAppSettings"

The XML command?

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
41 38 0 0
Message 15 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

mijini8, copy this:

Bottom\RecipeBox_ebde755e-0a00-4f16-8f56-b5a4be10a96b.xml

The *.xml ends up in the sub-folder \Bottom within the DefaultAppSettings folder.

0 Kudos
mijini8 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 16 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@bcope01 wrote:

mijini8, copy this:

Bottom\RecipeBox_ebde755e-0a00-4f16-8f56-b5a4be10a96b.xml

The *.xml ends up in the sub-folder \Bottom within the DefaultAppSettings folder.

Thanks bcope01, I'll give it a try

0 Kudos
screenap Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Awesome - Thanks for the instructions - worked like a charm!

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
596 539 31 56
Message 18 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@screenap wrote:

Awesome - Thanks for the instructions - worked like a charm!

hey no problems! I think you missed one step though, most important is to follow the instructions in step 14 :Wink:

HP Elite X2 1012 G2, HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook, HP ENVY Recline 27-k001a, HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T, HP MediaSmart EX495 Server, HP MediaVault 2020, HP ENVY 120 AiO Printer
0 Kudos
elfopoeta Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 19 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I get de TouchSmart User Interface?? I got a tx2 with TouchSmart 3.0.30.0 in Spanish (im from Mexico), is that an issue?? cause i did all the steps correctly, not skiped a single instruction and the Recipe Box is not yet appearing in my TouchSmart...

0 Kudos
Roblotus Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 20 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi, I am 99% there with the instructions!  I think I followed them correctly but also had a problem at step 11 when registering the xml.  I followed the manual steps which appeared to work ok.  When I re-launched touchsmart, sadly the recipe app was not there.  Strange thing is that when I logged off and onto another admin account, the app was there in touchsmart!  Any clues where to look to get this visible in all accounts?

You deserve a big tick at number 14 for all your help so far in this post!

Rob

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation