cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
596 539 31 56
Message 31 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to install Recipe Box

@dougozzy wrote:

I gave up.  Then it suddenly appeared and is working fine.  Thanks!

its good to hear you got it working - like myself and some others didn't have these problems so its hard for me to suggest anything except that you follow the steps, if it fails you might want to run through the steps again.

HP Elite X2 1012 G2, HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook, HP ENVY Recline 27-k001a, HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T, HP MediaSmart EX495 Server, HP MediaVault 2020, HP ENVY 120 AiO Printer
0 Kudos
braunski Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 32 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am still not able to register the app.  I have the IQ815 with the upgraded Windows 7 software.  Is there a workaround for the registration?  Also, I noticed that I do not have the Programdata file under the HP file on this computer....could that have something to do with it?  Anything you guys can do will be greatly appreciated 🙂  I see the Recipe Box app listed in the program files under Touchsmart.....but not able to get it to work.  There has to be a fix to get this to work on the older machines...unfortunately, this computer is just under 60 days old so I can't return it for the 600 model.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
niais Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 33 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks so much! It took a couple of tries but I got it eventually. Also, I followed essentially the same steps to install Canvas on my IQ526 and it worked perfectly. Thanks again!!! :OpenSmile:

0 Kudos
rhbeall2 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 34 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

There is a new version of the Recipe Box program from HP.  Will this program now load directly by running the downloaded file or do we need to still have to extract a file from the download using the above instructions. 

I am running a HP TouchSmart IQ840 with Win7 OS.

Thanks.....

0 Kudos
bobphi Tutor
Tutor
9 7 1 1
Message 35 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I can't believe that this actually worked. RecipeBox should have been installed on my 60-1055, but it wasn't. After many attempts with different patches, .NET 4.0, etc., your DOS command prompt finaly did the trick. In these days of WIN7, thank heaven for DOS.

0 Kudos
romagjack Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 36 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I just got a new dv6 touch screen laptop. Installation went fine, but when complete I got a message "computer does not meet minimum requirements". This is a brand new I-5 with 500 GB and all the extras, what's the deal?

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
596 539 31 56
Message 37 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

yeah I just tried that update and same thing happened, I extraced the exe file, withint the src directory after extraction, you'll see 3 more exe files, you need to once again extract each of them.  The larger of the 3 has an RecepeBox.msi, run that manually and it installs.  Then you need to append the registry keys to your registry and finally need to re-register RecepeBox with the registering program that coms with touchsmart software.

It updates the recepebox and adds a few recepies and also looks a bit better - personbally i think the ts software is pretty average imo... so i don't use it all that often.

HP Elite X2 1012 G2, HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook, HP ENVY Recline 27-k001a, HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T, HP MediaSmart EX495 Server, HP MediaVault 2020, HP ENVY 120 AiO Printer
0 Kudos
Oakden Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 38 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Had the same error. 

When I looked in C:\HP\TS\DefaultAppSettings\ the "\Bottom" folder didn't exist.  I manually created the folder and then reattempted the "RegisterSmartCenterApp   updateconfig   C:\HP\TS\DefaultAppSettings\Bottom\RecipeBox_ebde7 55e-0a00-4f16-8f56-b5a4be10a96b.xml"  command and it worked!

Thanks for the great post JimT!

0 Kudos
sarriagf Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 39 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi

I have a TS 600-1130ru, I have not receipe Box, looks like the russian version was not included...

I have tried your solution step a step but I have a problem during the register, application crashes..

Any NEW solution from the time this post was created? Anyone with the same ts600 and the same prob?

HELP!

Thanks

0 Kudos
clarktaylor Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 40 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

look like im not hte only one experincing this problem..

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation