cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
JeanneWalls Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Media Center m7557c Code Purple

I bought this media center desk top in Aug 2006 and the motherboard had to be replaced in May 2007.  It was still under warranty with HP but I also had the extended warranty with Sam's Club who took care of the replacement motherboard.  Last month my computer crashed and I needed to to a complete recovery and Code Purple showed up.  Understand the motherboard was tattoed to match the xp recovery and it appears that the right motherboard was not installed.  I just paid to have an xp recovery run but I continue to get message that video decoder has either malfunctioned or is not installed.  I tried downloading the HP software to correct this but get a message that my system was not validated.  How do I get the file to download to correct the problem?  Help!  I am going in a circle.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Dean Dean
Dean
6,999 6,932 719 2,762
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This system needs to be serviced. If the system board or the motherboard is from HP, please contact Technica Support for servicing the unit free of cost. Refer the following weblink for more info:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01522228

They will support even if the product is out of warranty. However, if the motherboard is changed to third party motherboard, you will not get this support.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
antara Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

however if there is any hardware changes in the comp.. then for out of warranty comp... there would be a charge for the service

0 Kudos
sirnic16 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do i contact echnica Support for servicing the unit free of cost.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
10,372 9,750 1,322 3,565
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Call 1-800-474-6836

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
Denheg Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a hp slimline computer s3620f and have replaced the hard drive. I have the recovery disks that came with the computer and have tried to restore but receive a code purple error. What action do I need to take to correct this problem?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Dennis Hegdahl
0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
10,650 9,432 1,669 4,690
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ Denheg,

Please see this HP forum thread entitled Code Purple Error-Help for suggestions in resolving your issue. Please attempt the steps listed by PurpleKiller first.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation