cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chellie1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Memory upgrade results in no boot up

HP 600-1350
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an all in one HP 600-1350. There are 2 X 2 gb of memory installed from original purchase years ago. I ordered 2 x 4 gb of memory and installed as directed. The computer will not boot up with new memory installed. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,808 5,037
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Memory upgrade results in no boot up

Hi,

Try one dimm at a time in case one of the dimms is bad.

If necessary, try clearing the CMOS.

Your first consideration should be HP Sales or HP Support when considering memory replacement or upgrades. If you want to consider other manufacturers then the easiest way to avoid memory problems is to contact one of the major memory manufacturers. I am recommending that you try the memory tools from these manufacturers: Corsair, Kingston and Crucial. Once you have determined the dimms that you need, then contact sales or technical support to verify that you have selected the correct dimms. If you buy directly from the manufacturers, then they will stand behind their products.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation