Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (3,841 Views)

My printer keeps reinstalling itself -over and over - into "D" drive?

has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? I have an HP all in one photo printer.  It is constantly re installing itself. sort of like the Sorcerer's apprentice..no matter how many times I have un installed and/or deleted all the extra copies..it seems to just keep re installing itself..it has not installed into the C drive of my laptop but goes into the D drive...HELP anyone???
0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 3 (3,620 Views)

Re: My printer keeps reinstalling itself -over and over - into "D" drive?

I can't help, but I have the same issue. I have the photosmart C4210 all in one and it reinstalls everytime I turn the computer on, or restart it.  This is the 2nd computer it's done this on (purchased a new one in August and right away it started the reinstalling), and I've only had it a year.  I'm ready to get a new brand if I can't get this solved. 

I have it unplugged right now and it's STILL trying to install it.  I've tried erasing everything HP from add/delete programs and reinstalling the CD, twice, but nothing seems to work.

HELP US!

Student
Message 3 of 3 (3,020 Views)

Re: My printer keeps reinstalling itself -over and over - into "D" drive?

i also have a photosmart c4210 that reinstalls the software each time i reconnect the printer to the laptop via a usb connection.  i am running windows vista, yuck!  i have had as many as 4 copies set up in my printer files at once.  when i went in and deleted 3 of the 4 the printer then gave me an error message that it was not connected, even though it was.  i uninstalled  the software and tried to reinstall it but keep getting a message that i do not have administrator rights even though i am the only user set up on this laptop.  i am currently trying to download the software via the website to see if that will corect the problem.  if it does not then i guess i'll have to pay the $35 to get help from phone support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation