Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Restore issues Recovery from recovery disk set disk#1 not recognized as a boot disk

pavilion HPE h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently restored my system to restore point set prior to a failed upgrade to W10 . The restore was "successful" but then...

When I boot up, I get normal login but when I enter my password system tells me it is setting up my desktop??  Then it stalls in never never land. When I  boot in safe mode I get my normal desktop but not much works including networking. Most anything I try yields an explorer  error message that the file or resource cannot be found, etc.  Curiously I can open any PDF file with Acrobat and I can even browse and load  other PDF files on the hard disk from within acrobat. I ran boot log and in fact most of the the drivers other than sysroot... did not load.

I tried all of the repair options provided by HP and microsoft without success.  So I decided to restore using a set of disks I dutifully prepared when I recently moved my system.  Unfortunately the restore from disk option cannot find the boot file on disk #1.  When I put the disk in another machine I see a normal set of foders including one named "Boot"??

I REALLY want to get my system back to what I had when I exeuted  the restore to restore point!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,544
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Restore issues Recovery from recovery disk set disk#1 not recognized as a boot disk

Be sure disc 1 is clean and no scratches and try again,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mumbodog wrote:

Be sure disc 1 is clean and no scratches and try again,

After cleaning, Still get "non-system disk or disk error" message. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
1,978 1,975 183 586
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here are few things I would have tried before running recovery.

1. Create a new user account and try loggin in from that and check if issue reoccurs. As per my view I guess the issue is while setting up user account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13951/windows-create-user-account

2. Try system restore instead of Recovery.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01835735

3. Try other ways of Recovery.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation