cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Thread Error Not Handled bcmwl63a.sys - my computerthen shuts down and reboots automatically

HP Envy Desktop 700-406
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting 2 error messages that cause my computer to automatically shut down and reboot while I am working:

-  "System Thread Exception Not Handled bcmwl63a.sys"

-  "Memoryh Management"

How can I correct these two problems?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 845
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Thread Error Not Handled bcmwl63a.sys - my computerthen shuts down and reboots automatically

Hi there @CCJ2501,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that your computer is starting with a blue screen error and then restarts.  I am happy to help with this.

Please read through the following, HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7) and let me know if anything is found if hardware diagnostics are necessary.

Do you have any recovery media, or standalone installation Windows discs?

Was there any recent change made to your system, just prior to this issue first occurring?

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Malygris1, for replying and trying to help me.

However, before I begin try your suggestions, allow me to explain that this does NOT happen on "startup" but happens after I have been working on the computer for awhile and then suddenly the blue screen comes up and says they are gathering additional information to restart and directs me to get further information by looking for help on line for

"System Thread Error Not Handled bcmwl63a.sys" for help."  anf then the computer rebottos and I lose whatever I was working on.

This error sounds a liffle different than what you were referring to  since it does not occur on "startup.?

The other error that may be related is that I will also intermittently get another blue screen while I am working that automaticlally restarts my computer and the error there says "Memory Management Error" --- I have not been able to resolve that either.  This is a computer that is only 1 year old and has 90% of the memory unused, so I do not understand that.

When you have time, would you please advise?  any help you can provide would be most helpful.

If you are not able to help, can you direct me where I can get either online support through purchase of some form of service care package or certified technicians in the Tampa / 33629 zipcode area?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 845
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the clarification. Does your computer seem to be running very hot after using it for a period of time? Does it sound like the cooling fans are spinning fast and "hard"? If the answer is yes to either of these questions it may be a heat related issue. It could a build up of dust on heat sinks or something preventing a cooling fan from spinning properly, or even ambient temperature in a room, making the cooling system less efficient.  It tends to be a more common issue with notebook computers but desktops are not immune, especially if a fan fails or is flaky.  Please see: HP Desktop PCs - Computer Overheating Prevention

Also you can look at these two documents: HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10) and, HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎. It may seem strange to offer these, but the idea is that the cause may actually be a software or driver conflict, and those two documents are good for optimizing a system and eliminating extraneous or unwanted software.

Also you can follow the instructions in Step 4 in the HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8) document and do all the hardware tests and see if anything comes up. I am particularly interested in the memory, as one of the errors you mention is memory related.  If you get an Failure ID code doing any of the tests please post it so I can offer what advice I can.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation