Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The first time I connected the printer worked fine with Win8.1 but I got the great idea to switch the OS to Win10 and the headache started. W10 didn't recognize the printer and I got disconnected.  After to have thousands of issues with W10, I decided to go back to W8. My computer got disconnected to the home network, couldn't find my other PC or the printer. Thinking that it was a bad switch from W10, then I did a clean install of W8.1 losing a lot of software and documents. No solution. I have been about a week trying every troubleshoot I have found and there is no way to fix my home network or connect to the printer.  Things I have done so far:

- reset printer and router hundred times

- renew the connection of the printer: The light is stable, but the IP is unreachable.

- review all the network system on the computers: no one sees the other. Not mine, either my partner's.

- Delete the printer from the computer and reinstall it.

- I can't use the doctors because there is not connection with the printer.

- There is no problem with the firewall.

- I tried with Malware off and this is not the problem either.

- I can't access the router control panel because my internet provider (Mediacom) block the access to avoid users changing the settings.

- I chatted with a technician there and he said there is nothing to do if I can't access the router control panel.

I don't know what else I can try. The printer is new and has a warranty, but I am trying don't use it. May someone there help me, please!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MKenny

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer and it does not connect to the wireless network after upgrading to Win10 and again coming back to Win8. I read the troubleshooting steps. The wireless light seems to be on and steady, have reinstalled the drivers and the print and scan doctor does not detect the printer. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Do you have other devices in the network that connect to the printer?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to run the wireless test on the printer to check the functionality of the wireless card in it:

I request you to send the picture of the wireless test report to me via your reply.

If the wireless test report passes then you may run the wireless setup wizard on the printer to make it to connect to the wireless network:

Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, You may download and run the printer drivers from this link.

I hope these steps help. Please feel free to let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.