Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thans for expaining that: I didn't think it was possible for Big_Dave to have mae a mistake.

The first link I posted seems to be to the CTO version, and I searched for the m/b given in that document and came up with the second link, so of course I missed any reference to a P6120t with a fixed configuration/different m/b with four DIMM slots.  As BigDave says, the original post may have have cut off the empty DIMM slots, this would explain somethings !

So tI guess he (simple) answer to James108's question is that the P6120t will not accept £Gb 0r 4GB memory cards, only 1GB cards or 2GB cards.

Woodwood

21.October.2011

HP Recommended

Woodwood wrote: Thanks for expaining that: I didn't think it was possible for Big_Daveto have made a mistake.

The first link I posted seems to be to the CTO version, and I searched for the m/b given in that document and came up with the second link, so of course I missed any reference to a P6120t with a fixed configuration/different m/b with four DIMM slots.  As Big_Dave says, the original post may have have cut off the empty DIMM slots, this would explain somethings ! So I guess he (simple) answer to James108's question is that the P6120t will not accept 2Gb or 4GB memory cards, only 1GB cards or 2GB cards. Woodwood 21.October.2011

Hello Woodwood, Big_Dave seems to have been correct in his post. It appears that HP got lost somewhere along the line. This happens sometimes. I really don't see how HP keeps up with all they do, with all the systems they ship, with all the different configurations. This does come up from time to time.

The best way to clear this up would be for James108 to open the case and confirm the actual memory slots, and then he would know the exact motherboard his system has.

Even Crucial Memory did not get this right either. Usually Crucial can be counted on for reliable results.

Maybe James108 can now figure this out and acquire the proper memory for his system. Let's hope so.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi James,

Open up your PC and tell us if your motherboard looks like this motherboard for the 6120t.

Download CPU-Z and tell us what the specifications are for the existing memory dimms.  Post the information off the Memory TAB and the SPD TAB.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

I have the computer in a weird position, so taking it apart to look at the MoBo isn't very easy - can CPU-Z tell you enough, or do you also need me to open it up and verify that it looks like that MoBo?

HP Recommended

The MoBo isn't the one that you linked to. Mine is green and has some other differences. My MoBo said "N1996" and "MS-7525" on it. Using google, I found this. Would this RAM work?

HP Recommended

James108,

Buy the memory dimms directly from the manufacturer and if they don't work then you can exchange them.  It's always best to contact sales or techncial support to confirm that your choice is correct.

Off hand I don't see an issue with your choice.  What does newegg indicate for a return policy?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

James108

Please post also (to further confirm or confuse what is happening) the screenshot of the result of clicking on CPU-Z 'mainboard' tab.

Does the m/b pictured in your link to the MS-7525 m/b look the same as the one that is physically in your PC ?

I have been to the Crucial website and they one several model for P6120t .  Link to P6120t CTO is here: http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Pavilion%20p6120t%20CTO

or

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Pavilion%20p6120t%20CTO&Cat=RAM

None of them is the same as the Crucial link you posted.  Was this from a crucial scan of your PC ?  However, just because it was not the one found by the crucial memory program does not mean it won't work, likewise for the other, but I can't say.  Likewise I cannot say if the RAM from Newegg you posted

Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT25664AA80E would work, you would have to ask Crucial,

You might also try the Corsair website, or the Kingston website (this page, http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator_new/modelsinfo.asp?id=3&SysID=58344&mfr=HP%2FCompaq&model=Pavilion+p6120t+%28CTO%29+Desktop&search_type=&root=uk&LinkBack=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kingston.com%2**bleep**root&Sys=58344-HP%2FCompaq-Pavilion+p6120t+%28CTO%29+Desktop&distributor=0&submit1=Search at the bottom there is more hekpful info)

As Big Dave says it is probably best to consult closely with the memory supplier.

Woodwood

20.November.2011

HP Recommended

Hello,

I was going to buy this Crucial memory from my HP Pavillion a1110y PC.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Pavilion%20a1110y%20Series#

However, I got this PC as a CTO PC, so I was wondering if it's any diffrent, than the one listed there.

If any of you could help, that would be great.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Just try what I recently did - download and run the Crucial System Scanner. It will tell you what RAM you have installed and what RAM sticks you can buy to upgrade (or down-grade) your overall RAM. It will only show you Crucial products, but since you have already chosen to go with the crucial brand, you should try it out.

My new RAM stick is shipping, so I'm not sure if the System Scanner actually works as well as advertised, but you should still just run the program. I'll post a reply over here if the RAM sticks are defective or incompatible.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.