Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Were you able to find out if that new app worked? I just bought the Envy 34 yesterday and was wanting to do exactly that. If so can you share the details of the app please.

LMK thanks

HP Recommended

Well, I am in the same boat... just got home last night with my new Envy 27 and am serioulsy bummed that I can't connect my other monitir to it! I have been using 2 monitors for years and want all the screen real estate I can get! What's up with taking that functionality away? I just compared a few of the desktop towers models and they all have one diplay port capability as well... !! The Compact Overlay is not what I am looking for... I want to connect a second screen like we have all been able to do FOR EVER. Please let us know if anyone finds a fix that works! I am also all ears (and only one screen!) THANK YOU!

HP Recommended

My issue is a tad different than yours, but I may have an answer for you (which someone provided on these boards).  I want to hook up another computer to the monitor that came with my new 34 all-in-one.  The stand alone HP 34's allow this, but for some odd reason, the all-in-one does NOT provide this functionality. Very annoying. I was hoping the new Windows Creators update would provide a method to open smaller screens of attached devices (read computers), but havent been brave enough to download it yet.

If you want to be able to control multiple monitors (with their respective computers) I downloaded something call Mouse without Borders from folks associated with Microsoft. It works pretty darn well, allowing me to move my cursor across multiple screens and their respective computers.  Same with my keyboard. 

It has not solved my problem of de-cluttering my desk of older LED screens, but I'm hopeful something will come along.  In the meantime, I guess I'm working on a better tan from all of these screens.  Note:  I've tried using the hdmi to connect a laptop into my new HP all-in-one, but:  a) the hdmi image occupies the entire 34 screen, and 2) it no longer shows the cursor on the laptop. Odd.

I still have other frustrations with this machine, but generally like the screen size and memory/speed over my old rig.  Had to upgrade the mouse (cuz it as awful)  and thinking now about changing out the keyboard...

Oh well. hope this helps you!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured mine out. It will connect thru the HDMI port and allow me to separate screens... relieved... somehow missed the cue before. I hope you find an answer... and I appreciate the tip of Mouse without borders... (good name!) Overall I like the Envy, too. It always takes a bit to get it together... Happy tanning! : )

HP Recommended

Yes this mouse was AWFUL I upgraded to the Microsoft Arch Touch Mouse and love it. So far I like the keyboard because it's sleek and thin design that matches the unit. I wish the keys were backlit though. Thanks for the update and keep posted if you find solution to view multiple devices at same time on split creen.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.