cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
craig14
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

VIxs pure tv 48b0

HP Recommended

I have installed win 8.1 and this card (VIXS Pure TV-U 48B0) does not work with the media centre.  This there a new driver for win 8.1

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,810 5,049
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Craig,

I very much doubt if a Windows 8.1 driver is available. Review this post. It seems that this particular tuner was going obsolete.  If you google the tuner, you should find a Windows 7 driver here. That might not even solve your problem.

I had this same tuner card in a VISTA PC and I did manage to get it working with Windows 7.

If you search the forum, you will find that some were plagued with problems using the VIxs tuners. The model might be different but the issues could be similar.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
dkocian
Level 1
9 7 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  The Windows 7 driver will not install under Windows 8.1.  I downloaded it, and ran it, and it gives an error message stating that my sysem did not meet the minimum requirements.  Everything is in excess of their minimum requirements except I am running Windows 8.1 and not Windows 7.

Typical HP.  High priced machine that they will not support beyond the original operating system.  I have no choice but to pull the ViXS card and trash it.  Let me know if you find a solution.

0 Kudos
vizarro114
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

here i found the driver for win 8 and 10 http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Vixs

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation