Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 810-492D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There's a sticker seal on the desktop case preventing the case to be opened.

I tried to softly remove sticker seal and the word "VOID" is appearing.

I want to open the desktop and clean the inside.

Will removing this sticker seal voids the warranty?

Please advise.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

The word says it all: VOID. Why you need to go to inside just cleaning in the first place ? I still have 1 desktop which is around 12 years old without cleaning anything. It is still working but it runs XP therefore I only use it for testing, probably once a month.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The desktop have small holes in the casing and the video card have a small cooling fan.

How would you suggest to clean the cpu without opening it?

Just by looking at the clear plastic panel, it's getting a bit dusty inside and i would like to clean the dust in the fans.

HP Recommended

Fact is that depending on your environment even bi-yearly cleaning could be needed. 

I've got a fairly clean environment, no pets, few carpets, and no smoking..yet after just a year, the fins on the CPU heatsink were nearly clogged shut, and the GPU fan and heatsink were also plugged the small fan on that GPU was likely being stressed by the amount of dust on and near it which could lead to early failure.

Cleaning is something that is expected when maintaining any PC laptop or desktop. It's interesting because I have bever seen an HP desktop with such a sticker on the case. Seems unusual to me. 

HP Recommended

Here is the photo of the sticker seal:

DSC_0863.JPG

I have raised a case ticket with HP if this sticker seal can be removed without voidng the warranty.

HP Recommended

@AngelitoAstilla:

I hope you post back with a follow up to your contact with HP support, it might help others in the same situation.

Thanks !!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.