Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if this will last, but I installed an OLDER driver for the LP3065 from the Microsoft Update Catalog and the monitor hasn't winked out on me in a week.

I used the 2.5.00 driver (from 2006!) from here:

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=lp3065

HP Recommended

This is the strangest thing... I have the same issue, sometimes the screen's LED is flashing from the very beginning, I can't even see the BIOS, but when Windows has finished booting, the login screen will show up, and the screen would just randomly deactivate, but pressing the "Detect" button in the display settings dialogue would toggle the screen on and off again, as though every other handshake, the screen wouldn't work. Detect, screen goes on again, Detect, screen off again, Detect, screen on again... what a weird phenomenon.As you've written, lately the problem has become worse for me as well. Sometimes the screen won't turn on no matter what I do, barring some magical random order of disconnect and/or power off and the screen would work again.

How can Windows even impact whether the screen works during POST/BIOS, that makes absolutely no sense to me.

As you've written, lately the problem has become worse for me as well. Sometimes the screen won't turn on no matter what I do, barring some magical random order of disconnect and/or power off and the screen would work again.

I can't recall when exactly the problem has started appearing, but half a year ago sounds plausible. Sometimes it went away for weeks, I think I used Display Driver Uninstaller the very first time, which solved my problem initially, but it's come back and is now worse than ever.I'm on Windows 10, with the latest updates.

I'm on Windows 10, with the latest updates, running an Nvidia GTX 770.

For those trying the shortcut, it might be worth mentioning that it seems to be Windows-Ctrl-Shift-B, Windows-Ctrl-B does "nothing", according to the documentation it should bring into foreground the application that is currently displaying a notification.

@CuthbertRumbold wrote:

I'm not sure if this will last, but I installed an OLDER driver for the LP3065 from the Microsoft Update Catalog and the monitor hasn't winked out on me in a week.

I used the 2.5.00 driver (from 2006!) from here:

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=lp3065

How did you you download the driver from there? Even when accessing it with Internet Explorer, I only get a message about using IE 6 or later... but I don't have such old software.

I should also mention that I've been using a Notebook running Windows 7 every now and then with my LP3065, connected via an active DisplayPort -> Dual Link DVI adapter. There, I have never experienced the issue, the only one I've had was occasionally the laptop dropping back to 1024*768 until a reboot, which would *always* fix it, but I always blamed the adapter/notebook for that.

HP Recommended

I'm not the OP and I haven't had any issues with the monitor not working during BIOS/bootup/POST etc. so that may be a different scenario.

Regarding the older driver - I can open that link using IE 11.  The Microsoft Update Catalog site won't work with Chrome, or Firefox, or even Edge.  Anyway, I get a list of 2 drivers: 3.0 (that was the one I was using originally) and 2.5.  The latter is the one I'm using right now and it's been working OK for over a week (knock on wood).  I'll post an update if the problem recurs.

HP Recommended

I tried it again with IE and now it works. I've switched to using the 2.50 driver, I'll report back if I notice something different, thanks!

HP Recommended

No luck unfortunately. Still running 2.50.0.0

Sequence of events:

• Switched on monitor  (soft)
  • Powered on PC
  • BIOS showed
  • Monitor goes black during Win 10 boot animation, blinking all the way
  • Monitor goes into standby as login screen comes on on secondary monitor
  • Trying to detect the monitor does nothing (forgot to test Ctrl-Win-Shift-B)
  • Soft poweroff of monitor, hard power off swiutch, disconnected from mains, disconnected from GPU
  • Reconnected to mains, hard power on, soft power on, reconnect monitor to GPU
  • Still no dice, tried to detect monitor, doesn't work
  • Disconnect from GPU and connect on second DVI port on GPU
  • Monitor comes back to life without doing a "Detect"
HP Recommended

I also have the same exact issue.

I find it quite alarming that HP doesn't even bother to respond. =(

This is going to be my last HP monitor!

HP Recommended

Currently, I really believe that this is a hardware issue. The fact that there is no reaction at all from HP more or less also supports this theory.

I have now the same problem with LINUX (like I had in Windows 7 and 10 on two completely different systems), but it is not solvable with a simple keypress...

Whenever the Windows problem occurs, a boot into Linux results in a black screen, and the X.org system does not even start. However, the system can be shut down normally using the off button.

If I disconnect power from the PC and the monitor, and then reboot into Linux, everything is fine. 

HP Recommended

Out of interest, has anyone been having issues recently?

Mine seems to have settled down... for now at least.

Nothing has really changed.. I still switch off the monitor at the wall when not in use, but I have been using the PC a little more than usual recently I think.

HP Recommended

Yes, I am still having the problem.  It went away for a while after I downgraded the driver (see my earlier post from 13 Jan 2016) but now I guess that was just a coincidence.  It's happening several times a day again now, every few days.

I've recently added a 2nd display, so at least I can 'detect display' from there and get the HP monitor back.  Somewhere along the line the CTRL-WIN-B trick stopped working for me.  What a pain.

HP Recommended

Hmmm, I haven't had the issue for at least a week now. Very strange...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.