Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sorry for the lack of response.  As often happens in my job, I had to table the whole thing and go on to something more needed.

I did not resolve the issue.  I see there are responses since last I worked on this issue.  I'll check on resetting the CMOS, since I haven't tried that.  I can't boot into anything, so I'm guessing that if I look up the MB manual there's a way of doing it using the pins on the MB.

My guess at this point is that it's going to be the MB purely because of the fan kicking in on high.  It likely has an instruction that it's overheating or something, even though the machine has been on only 30 seconds when this happens.

I'm under extended warranty so if I need to I can have both boards replaced.  I'd just like to know for sure it's the board before I start mailing things back and forth.  I'll make a note to come back if I figure out the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Digging it up, as faced similiar issue. I ve got a unit with Xeon E3-1230. System was running fine. I was planning to replace the CPU with Pentium G850. After I did it, there was no singal and after 30 seconds all system fans very super loud. I replaced the CPU back and everything is fine. Default setting in BIOS is "On-board GPU disabled", at least in 1.20, so I guess if you have a CPU with GPU, like G850 or i3 or i5, this might be the problem. BIOS upgrade should be a remedy, but for that you need to replace a CPU with one that does not have on-die GPU.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.