cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TimboSliceee
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bootmgr is missing at boot

when i try to start up my computer it just goes to the main screen and says bootmgr is missing. what can i do?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,542
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Model of laptop and Operating system?

0 Kudos
Tech_Net
Level 3
54 53 2 10
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI,

I will request you to share the model number of the Desktop or Laptop that you are using so that you can get a proper solution. Even though you can try with the following solutions -

01. While turning on the PC in the HP / Compaq Logo what ever info comes that is Press __ to enter BIOS Setup.

02. Press that button to enter teh BIOS Setup. (In general it should be F10)

03. Check that in the BIOS Setup whether the HDD is being detected or not.

04. If the HDD is being detected then perform the HDD Smart Test and see teh result.

05. If Result is pass then go for F11 Recovery or Recovery with DVD or Reinstall OS if using a Compaq Model.

06. If the HDD is not being detected then you can try opening the PC and refixing the HDD cable or else get HDD replaced.

Good Luck

• Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! White Star" which is on the left.
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
DaleC48
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. I replaced my hard drive and ran HPs System Recovery DVDs.  When I go to boot Windows 7, I get the "bootmanager missing" error message.  Doesn't anyone have a fix?

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,662 9,658 907 2,638
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That message indicates that something did not go as planned when the Recovery was run.  If this is the first startup after the Recovery, then run it again.  If it did work and now it does not, then a startup repair is needed.  See here for some help on that issue: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Startup-Repair-frequently-asked-questions

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
lalarossi4
5 5 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a 1-yr old HP Pavilion which I can not get going.  Message says "bootmanager is missing".  I have tried to go to restore and it comes back to this message.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,662 9,658 907 2,638
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

While it would be best to start a new thread, more info is needed to help.  Message says "bootmanager is missing" means the install of Windows has lost it way.  First how did this come to be?  What Windows version?  What have you done so far?

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
lalarossi4
5 5 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion Series, model #p7-1003w boot mgr is missing.  Where do I go to find it?

0 Kudos
lalarossi4
5 5 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7, I tried to do system recovery and the recovery faild.  I received an error code OxeOefOOO3.

0 Kudos
Level 8
2,472 2,431 76 314
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello lalarossi4,

I see that you are having a problem with the boot manager is missing error.

Here is a link that shows how to test your hard drive. Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation