Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6234f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am getting an error message that my computer needs trouble shooting but unable to find  help on this issue.  My error message is  "Microsoft Terendo Tunneling Adaptors...code 10".  My printer isn't printing anything so am confident that it is affecting the connection between the two.  My printer is not wireless.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

> My error message is  "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter...code 10". 

Something is wrong with the configuration of your network-adapter.

Windows has several device-drivers:

* TCP/IP Version 4

* Teredo Tunneling

* TCP/IP Version 6

If the "TCP/IP Version 4" is working correctly, you will have an Internet connection, and you can ignore the error-message.  Does your computer have Internet access?

Within "Settings", click on "Troubleshooters".  Select the appropriate diagnostic, and run it.

> My printer

Manufacturer? Model-number?

> isn't printing anything

Within "Settings", if you open "Printers", and select your printer, are there any "queued" print-jobs?

Is the printer marked as "offline" ?

> so am confident that it is affecting the connection between the two. 

I disagree.  I think that your conclusion is not correct.

> My printer is not wireless.

Do you connect it directly to your computer, via a USB cable?

Or, is it connected to your wired/wireless router, via an Ethernet cable?

HP Recommended

In response to Distinguished Professor who kindly responded to my post with some suggestions.... I do have internet.  My printer is an HP 8000 which can be wireless or connected via usb cable.  I have it currently it connected via usb cable.  Checked and there isn't anything queued.

HP Recommended

Turn the printer off.

Disconnect the power-cord from the wall outlet.

Try to turn the printer on -- to drain any "residual" electrical power.

Reconnect the power-cord.

Turn the printer on, and see if Windows "plug-and-play" will "beep" at you (low-pitch then high-pitch) to note that the device is now connected.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.