Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (6,122 Views)

how do I get SD card to run in my computer

I have a Pavilion S5212y slimline desktop windows 7 64bit

When I put my SD cards into slot green light next to slot shows its reading cards also I get a icon in lower right hand corner that says safely remove hardware and eject media when pointing at icon and when I click on the icon a message appears that says open devices and printer also says desktop pc and eject removable disk (g).

How do I get the computer to open so I can look at or import pic or video?

Thanks Darren

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (6,120 Views)

Re: how do I get SD card to run in my computer

Hi,

Normally when you put a SD card to cardreader on your machine the machine will check and load driver (if required, only the first time) and then assigns the SD card a drive letter. After that you can open that drive as a HDD under Explorer and you can copy your photos to the machine. Here is an example:

pic.png

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation