cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

how do i do a factory reset or change the secure password for HP all in one 20-c020

HP Recommended
HP All-in-one 20-c020
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just got this computer yesterday, when creating the admin account I entered our office email wrong, but when going into the settings it took me to my Microsoft acc and it wouldnt let me change the admin email, it said that it was invailed, when it isnt, now I cant get passed the "login" screen to even get into the computer, there is no "forgot my password" button, and if there was it is the wrong email on the login screen. I am needing to findout how to get around the login screen, or how to just do a factory reset and start over. Which I would prefer to do, due to trying to change the admin email yesterday didnt work. Any help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,014 25,946 2,380 5,647
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Apexclinicokc

You could try resetting the password -- which is a lot less destructive than a total reset.

Sorry, we're not allowed to tell you how to bypass the password ... but ... if you Google for Trinity Rescue Kit, you will be lead to a site where you can download an image file from which you can burn a CD. They might also have USB images -- don't know for sure.

If you get a lot of results, then go to the MajorGeeks site -- that is trustworthy.

Once you have this, you have a choice of media to create:
1) If you can boot from CD, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable CD.
2) If you can boot from USB, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

Once you have made the boot media, boot your PC and use the option to blank the password.

After that, you should be able to login to the PC -- and then, set a new password.

If that does not work, since your PC apparently came with Win10 preinstalled, then pressing F11 while booting should bring up the HP Recovery Manager screen -- where you can do a reset.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you may include for your next client the fact that they should repeatedly tap on the F11 key! We finally found this out after being on the phone for 45 minutes._ 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation