cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

multiple monitor setup on Envy 700-074 tower question

Example: Envy 700-074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Envy 700-074 tower with two monitors connected via the onboard DVI ports. How can I connect a third monitor?

- should I buy an additional graphics card and risk interrupt issues with the motherboard provided DVI ports?

OR

- should I buy a USB monitor or USB adapter for my third monitor?

- is there another option?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,920 9,916 933 2,716
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From what I see on the SUPPORT PAGE, there is a possibility to add a graphics card.  If that is done then the one that is chosen must be able to support more than two monitors because the onboard graphics will be disabled.  The easiest and least troublesome would be to add a USB adapter that can accommodate the chosen monitor's connection, assuming this third monitor is not a mirror of one the existing monitors but an independent display,

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. I will look into that first.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation