cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chaos-prevails
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no video signal: keystrokes to disable secure boot and fast boot, enable legacy support

Elite 7500 MT Desktop
Other

Dear HP Forum Users,

I have a Elite 7500 MT Desktop (7500EM/i73770/1Thqm/6Y/37f ALL) which doesn't show any video signal/image upon power on. The fans turn but no beep. It just sits there, power button is blue. If I shortly press the power button, it powers off (don't have to press longer than 4 seconds).

I already tried to reset the BIOS with the jumper settings and also tried to reset the BIOS to default settings without a video signal (http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5270864&docId=mmr_kc-0101360-4&docLocale...). But nothing so far.

I already tried a different PSU and a different CPU. If I remove the RAM I get 5 error beeps (so apparently it boots up until pre-video graphics error). If I install an additional video card (I tried 3 different ones so far) in the pci-e x16 slot, I get 6 beeps indicating that there is a problem with the additional video card.

The board is out of warranty and I would like to try my luck in case only the internal video card is broken. But to be able to use an additional video card, I have to disable secure boot.

Because my screen stays blank, can somebody with a working elite 7500 (or one with identical bios) write me the exact keystrokes necessary to

1) disable secure boot

2) disable fast boot

3) enable legacy support

The video card problem is described here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03518095

thank you and kind regards,

Tim

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation