Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 21-h010

Attempted self repair. "Unable to repair" 

Went back 10 days. No change.

Followed all of the reboot recommendations. No help

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@LesBK

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 21-h010 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC. I read that the screen blinks on and off after you login to Windows. You have tried to perform a self repair and it says "unable to repair." Have performed a system restore to 10 days ago and it did not change anything. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any hardware or software changes take place on the PC recently post which this issue may have started?
  • Does the screen blink as soon as you power on the PC or starts to blinks only after it boots into Windows?
  • Are you still using Windows 8.1 or have now upgraded to Win10?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the PC.
  • Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) and devices from the PC.
  • Press and hold the power button on the PC for 15 seconds and then release it.
  • Reconnect the power cable, mouse and the keyboard and power on the PC.

If the issue persists then continue with the below steps:

• Power on the PC and tap the F10 key repeatedly to boot into the BIOS.
  • Please check if the display issue persists in BIOS or not. 
  • If the display is good in BIOS then it is not a hardware issue. You may then boot to Windows and reinstall the video drivers via this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello MKazi

My name is Chris and i am attempting to solve this problem for LESBK.

To answer you questions

• Did any hardware or software changes take place on the PC recently post which this issue may have started? NO
  • Does the screen blink as soon as you power on the PC or starts to blinks only after it boots into Windows? NO. Only after it boots into windows.
  • Are you still using Windows 8.1 or have now upgraded to Win10? Win 10
  • I followed your recommendation a that did not fix the issue.
  • Then i followed your next recommendation and entered the BIOS. the screen did not flicker.
  • I was unable to install the video driver in windows because of the flickering. Back to square one.
  • Let me try and explain what is happening to the best of my ability. It is not just screen flickering when you boot into windows. What also appears to be happening is explorer.exe is crashing and reseting the system every 5 seconds. That is why the screen is flickering. It is like it is logging off and back on in a split second. So any attempt to open up a program or window is promptly closed and reset again. Hopefully that explains things a little bit more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HP Recommended

@imw41chris

It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I appreciate your patience and your efforts,

That said, I reviewed your post and there's something you should know about, the Explorer.exe continuously crashes after you upgrading to windows 10: Click here (Though the header/title may be different in the link shared, the steps will help resolve your concern).

Also, for advanced troubleshooting, I've gone beyond my support boundaries to help you resolve your concern: Click here for more details.

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello LesBK. In order for help, i need to know whether you can log on.

Hope you get your problem solved!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.