cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

randomly freezes with distorted screen

HP Recommended

Since the day I set up the P7-1110 pavilion desktop computer the computer has randomly frozen at no particular time/reason, the screen image is completely distorted in little blockes of multicolours, the computer will not respond to anything, the only course is to shut the machine down from power button. When turning system back on you get the black screen saying computer shut down abnormally and asking which method you want to use to restart the computer(safe mode or regular mode) computer always restarts using regular mode. This issue happens almost every time I'm on the computer (which is not daily) sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes after 3 hrs. There seems to be nothing particular that causes the issue, I can be on the internet or not. its happened while creating documents, while on internet, while emailing.

Since this started the day I first set up the computer and before I ever connected to the internet, it is not a virus, its got to be hardware/ software issue.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

It's still under warranty, but I'd rather fix it myself, if possible, than to take it to repair store.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello pot45,

It's either hardware or software so we have to start ruling things out.

Here is a list of things you will want to do, the order or preference is your own as it could be any of them

Hardware

1. Crack open the case and look at the cables, ensure everything is firmly seated and connected

2. Try a different monitor on the computer to see if the problem continues

3. Try a different cable.

4. If you are using onboard video try adding a secondary video card to see if the problem continues there

Software

1. Uninstall the video drivers and allow Windows to reinstall new video drivers

a. Click start and type devmgmt.msc

b. Under display adapter uninstall the driver

c. Reboot

d. Allow a new driver to reinstall

2. See if the problem continues in safe mode

What operating system are you using? 

Is it onboard video or do you have a secondary card installed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My operating system is windows 7  home premium  64 bit

intel core i3-2120

Intel (R) HD Graphics Family 

Driver version 8.15.10.2291

I have lots of files listed under display adapter, in device management. I am reluctant to uninstall any driver since there are many and I don't know what they are.

Please instruct.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello pot45,

You have lots listed under Display Adapter? There should only be one for every monitor connected to the computer.

Can you list the ones that are listed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In device manager under dsplay adapters is one choice "Intel HD Graphics family", under drivers tab, are a long list of files; starting with;

C:\windows\system32\difx64.exe

C:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys

C:\windows\system32\Gfxres.ar-SA.resources

"                                                     .cs-CZ.resources

"                                                     .da-DK.resources

these files which I think are "country name" files continue for 20 or so files liste then,

C:\system32\gfxSrvc.dll

"                       \6fxUI.exe

\6fxUI.ex.config

\hcctils.dll

\hkcmd.exe

\lccLibDll_x64.dll

\ig4icd64.dll

\igcompkmg600.bin

\igd10umd64.dll

files keep going with a whole lot of \ig..... files, then the files change to ;

C:\sysWow64\ig4icd32.dll

then list continues on with a lot of files like that.

Please instruct. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello pot45,

I understand what you are saying now. That is fine. You are not going to remove those individual drivers that it is talking about. Instead right click on the Intel HD Graphics family and uninstall that. 

Once you uninstall that you will need to do a reboot of the system. After the reboot that driver is reinstalled.

- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alright will log off this forum and try that now.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation