Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a dc7700 convertible minitower, 6gb ram, and the cpu is E7600 3ghz. i made the upgrade...and i want to upgrade to q6600, i need the microcode if exist for this cpu....bios is 3.07. I have seen other sites that can upgrade to E7600 but no one says of the Q6600 and in one place I found that was done without too much information. So ... who knows how to do please give something ..like a microcode .. or new bios...The upgrade to E7600 is on youtube with the microcode that you have to flash from usb.

HP Recommended

Yeah DC7700 SFF even on the latest 3.07 Intel vPro bios, no go on the q6600... Error 1802...

I ran an e6300 1.86ghz dual, now upgraded it to e4600 2.4ghz : nice increase in speed.

Radeon HD 7570 GDDR5 128-bit with 8 ROP/ 24 TMU is a great GPU for about $25.  Handles new games at 1080p nicely.  I overclocked it to 750mhz core/ 1000mhz ram : 6 billion pixels per second, 18 billion texels per second, and 64GB/s memory bandwidth.  Solid card.

Luckily the DC7800 motherboard is $14 shipped on ebay and it supports 3.00Ghz Quad Cores 1333Mhz FSB / 12MB Cache...    Or even could run the X5470 Intel Xeon 3.33Ghz Quad Core 12MB cache.

The motherboard does not fit the DC7700 chassis... I bought the board which supports quad cores but will need the dc7800 sff chassis, as the dc7700 heatsink won't fit the dc7800 board...  I tested it on the dc7700 chassis, no-go.  The dc7800 sff chassis with board/ heatsink etc about $40 or so.

HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx - 32GB RAM 500GB SAMSUNG EVO 970 PLUS 2TB SEAGATE ARCTIC SILVER CERAMIQUE 2 FUJIPOLY XR-M LAIRD T-FLEX 6100 THERMAGON
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.