Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

That's the exact serial number I have been using, and the one that is causing the confusion. Not to mention that it is printed so small I had to use an optical zoom lens to get a readable image of it, and that it contains characters that it is unclear whether they are zero or the letter "o".

HP Recommended

Re-posting the same reply to your "Error 4-1" post.... 

Eternity - I had nearly an identical experience. Reverb G2 not detected despite almost all the same maneuvers. (I did not change PCI 4.0 to 3.0, but did everything else). My platform is a new Dell G5 gaming desktop: i9 10900 w/ RTX 3080.  After 1.5 hrs of phone tree delays and 7 transfers I did get to HP support who determined that the headset was "dead" and promptly received a replacement; however the result was the same - not detected.   Second round with HP support said this must be a problem with the computer - talk to DELL or we will be happy to give you a refund... The fact that you and I have had identical experiences with completely different platforms strongly suggests that it is the headset(s).   Clearly some people have gotten these headsets to work in the past.  I wonder if there is a manufacturing QC issue and we both have received multiple headsets from the same problematic lot of headsets... 

Like you I would really like to have a functioning Reverb G2 as I understand, when they work, the experience is superb... 

HP Recommended

Eternity - After reading more posts concerning issues with the cable to the headset I decided to go back to the beginning and examine the cable once more.  When I first insert the plug into the headset there is mild to moderate resistance as the majority of the plug enters the receptacle.  After that, with firm pressure the plug moved   ~3mm and then stopped as if reaching a detent.  At that point no amount of pressure moved it any further.  I was convinced the plug was fully seated.  However, I decided to "'wiggle" the base of the plug up and down and then confirm that it was properly seated, but this time the plug moved a tiny bit more (<1mm) and the connection was made... Everything works as billed.  No swapping usb ports, usb adapters, externally powered usb hubs needed.  I just works with the usb c port as billed.  I'm not sure if this is related to your issues but I recommend checking one more time to make sure the cable truly fully seated.   

(I will post this with your Error 4-1 msg and as a new post as well)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.