Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Reverb G2 is having WIDESPREAD problems with X570 AMD chipset motherboards. The headset is not being recognized by these motherboards, which essentially makes the headsets a $600 paperweight. Some people have said they have had success using powered USB hubs, but I don't feel like spending more money just to be able to use the headset. Can we get SOME kind of acknowledgement or update regarding this?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have the Asus Prime X570 motherboard and same error code also.  I can confirm that my 7 port usb hub does work as you mentioned.  Spent 30 minutes trying to figure out what I was doing wrong last night.  Hopefully they are working on fix.  

HP Recommended

So still no update...

HP Recommended

Same problem here.. Can't play at all.. also have a X570 AMD motherboard. HP: please fix it so I can play!!!

HP Recommended

Same problem here as well. I have a USB 3 hub with which I've been able to at least get the headset functioning, but it has been an imperfect solution as the headset still has frequent crashes, and sometimes won't start at all with a 7-7 error code (USB communication issue).

HP Recommended

Same here. When it does connect there is no audio. Windows doesn't recognize the device. What a waste. Back to my rift S.

HP Recommended

I'm seriously annoyed about this. No support from HP, not even an acknowledgement of the issue existing. As a previous poster said, my headset is currently a 1100 aud paperweight because of this compatibility issue, this is truly unacceptable.

(I edited this post as it was a little more angry than i liked, lets just say i was pissed off when i first wrote it)

HP Recommended

@Metallica1175

I reviewed your post and I understand that Reverb G2 headset is not working with the X570 motherboard.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.