fayaz22
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Got my virtual reality headset and controller

HP Recommended
HP - Mixed Reality Headset and Controllers - Black
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my virtual reality headset and controller from best buy not whenever i try to connect it it says check your display connection, and i cant connect to my desktop as it only has one hdmi spot near graphic card to which i connect my monitor because monitor don't work if i connect it to any other hdmi spot. do i need to get a cable(extension) to connect my VR to my graphic card to my desktop, or is there any other alternative please help i got this in december and can't use since then very frustrating. 

5 REPLIES 5
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 12,431 1,308 4,305
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fayaz22

It would help us if you tell us the full model or product number of you computer so we know what it has in it. 😉

If its an HP Desktop, the product number will be in the HP Support assistant.

What is the monitor also.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
fayaz22
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, the desktop is  HP - OMEN by HP Desktop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive - Brushed Aluminum and the monitor is a  Samsung - CF591 Series C27F591FDN 27" LED Curved FHD FreeSync Monitor - Silver. Thanks for your reply hope you can help as you will see the back of the desktop where the graphic card slot is there is only one connection for hdmi and there are different connection but those are not for hdmi so how can i connect my monitor and vr both to my graphic card slot. Thanks. 

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Again... the product number will be in the HP Support assistant.

Open the HP Support Assistant to get the product number.

Or tap f1 at boot up to access the info screen.

I need the product number to know what you have.

fayaz22
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Product name - 870-224

Product number - Z5M58AA#ABA

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, so Im confused as to what the problem is.

The GTX 1060 in your Omen desktop has three video out ports.

HP gtx1060 ports.JPG

The Samsung C27F591FDN monitor has VGA, HDMI and Displayport connections.

samsung ports 27inch monitor.JPG

The VR headset needs HDMI to connect to.

So its simple... ether get a Displayport cable to connnect the monitor with, or get a HDMI to Displayport adapter to use the other HDMI cable with. Connect to both the Displayport and HDMI port on the GTX 1060 video card.

Is that all you are asking about?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation