Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 24x 23.8-inch Gaming Display

HP 24x is meant to be a 144hz refresh rate monitor but mine is stuck at 60hz. Whether I'm playing the ps5 on it or connecting it to my laptop. I have tried changing the settings of the monitor but there seems to be no solution. It is named and advertised as a 144hz monitor but doesn't go above 60hz?? Please let me know how or why this is the case cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @mastronn9,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like you're experiencing an issue with your HP 24x monitor not reaching its advertised 144Hz refresh rate. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem.

Check Display Settings:

• On your computer, go to display settings.
  • Verify that the refresh rate is set to 144Hz. If it's stuck at 60Hz, try changing it to 144Hz.

Graphics Card Settings:

• Ensure that your graphics card supports 144Hz. Check the graphics card control panel settings for the correct refresh rate.

Cable Connection:

• Make sure you are using a cable that supports 144Hz. HDMI cables may not always support high refresh rates. Consider using a DisplayPort cable.

PS5 Settings:

• If you're using the monitor with a PS5, check the PS5 display settings. Make sure it's set to 1080p with a 144Hz refresh rate if supported.

Update Drivers:

• Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Visit the HP website to download and install the latest drivers.

Monitor Firmware:

• Check if there are any firmware updates for your monitor. Visit the HP support website and download the latest firmware if available.

Test on Another System:

• Connect the monitor to a different computer or device that supports high refresh rates. This helps determine if the issue is specific to your current setup.

If the problem persists, it's possible that there could be a hardware issue with the monitor,

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hey, @Aiden4 cheers for the reply!

How would I go about downloading drivers on a monitor? 

HP Recommended

Hi @mastronn9,

Thank you for your response, 

You can try the following steps.

Check Graphics Card Settings:

• Right-click on your desktop and select "Display settings" (Windows) or open "System Preferences" and go to "Displays" (macOS).
  • Make sure your monitor is correctly recognized and set to the desired refresh rate.
  • If your monitor is not recognized correctly, you may need to update your graphics card drivers.

Update Graphics Card Drivers:

• Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) and download the latest drivers for your specific graphics card model.
  • Install the updated drivers and restart your computer.

Access Monitor Settings:

• On the monitor itself, there might be an on-screen menu accessible through physical buttons or a joystick on the monitor.
  • Navigate through the menu to find the display settings and check if there's an option to change the refresh rate.

Check Cable and Connection:

• Ensure that you are using a cable that supports the desired refresh rate. For 144Hz, you typically need a DisplayPort or HDMI 1.4/2.0 cable.
  • Make sure the cable is securely connected to both the monitor and the graphics card.

Windows Update:

• Make sure your operating system is up to date. Sometimes, Windows updates include improvements and fixes for display-related issues.

Monitor Firmware Update:

• Check if there is a firmware update available for your monitor on the HP website. Follow the instructions provided by HP to update the firmware.

Remember, it's crucial to follow the HP instructions and not attempt any modifications that could potentially harm your monitor or computer. 

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.