Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN ACCELERATOR GA1 1000
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello,

I'm from the Philippines and have an HP Omen Accelerator. The external GPU was working fine when I first placed my Radeon RX 580 and was being read by my MacBook Pro 2020 13" in MacOS. I encountered a problems when I booted into Windows via Bootcamp.

Downloading the drivers forced me to restart the system a lot, which meant I had to plug and unplug the thunderbolt 3 connector which forced my e-gpu to power on and off constantly. The e-gpu worked fine until the last system restart I did when the HP Omen Accelerator Logo LED light would not turn on anymore. I tried a few more times after and the only response I got from the device was the LED on the motherboard turning on and the LED light on my GPU. The power signal still ran through my laptop as I connected the thunderbolt 3 connector, but it would not read the GPU nor the SSD. This led me to think that the PSU was not exhausting enough power to start up both the Accelerator and my power my MacBook.

The next day, I purchased a new PSU which had a higher wattage capacity at 650W and plugged it in. The Omen Accelerator yielded the same results with just the motherboard LED and GPU LED indicators powering on and still does no power for the fans and LED Omen logo in the front. This is now leading me to believe that the IO motherboard is the issue.

My current problem is that the device is not available in my country (Philippines) and was purchased in the US. So I am under the assumption that the e-gpu will not be serviceable in the Philippines. I tried calling customer service but none could answer my questions. I'm wondering what steps I can take to get the device working again given these circumstances.

P.S. the GPU now cannot be read by MacOS and Windows Bootcamp.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mafs14, Welcome to HP Support Community!

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.
I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.