Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 25
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

Sorry for my english, i'm going to try to explain my problem as clearly as possible 🙂

I bought an HP Omen 25 monitor connected by display port to my radeon rx470. I'm running Win10.

I have a question/problem about FreeSync mode.

When i set FreeSync on in OSD, brightness is set to a very high level by default (90). Colors are very bad (loud) and i can't keep this settings both for gaming and under windows.

So in OSD, i reduce brightness to a much lower level, adjust contrast and make some little changes in the RVB settings to get correct colors.

But when i restart my computer, FreeSync is set back to off. FreeSync stays on if i make no changes to default color settings. So i have to enable freesync again in OSD and have to make the same changes i talk before to find good colors.

My question is : Is there a way to keep freesync always on after changing default colors settings ? (to avoid having to return often to osd).

I hope you understand me 🙂

Thank you very much for answers.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@alexP722
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I request you to follow the steps below and check if that you can disable the FreeSync app.

· Perform the following steps to enable AMD FreeSync setting: 

· Navigate to the Windows desktop. 

· Right-click the Windows desktop and select the AMD Radeon setting. 

· Select the Display tab and choose AMD FreeSync. 

· Click AMD FreeSync to change the setting to On. 

· Close AMD FreeSync settings.

You can check this link for the steps - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Topics-Read-Only/RE-OMEN-32-Freesync-mode-permanently/td... ​​​​​​​

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.