Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just put my headset on and the left speaker's sound is awful: tinny and crackling.  I've restarted my PC, unplugged and plugged in; and anything I can think of but it's still happening.  I use my headset for flight simming quite a bit and don't really use the controllers that much.  I was ever so disappointed to find that when I did want to use them for table tennis that the right stick is... sticky.

Are there any solutions or fixes available?  I'm convinced they're hardware faults.  Others are reporting similar issues.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@PeekabooSteam,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Left speaker issues with the HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset.  

I have a few recommendations 

• When the HP Reverb G2 microphone is initially recognized by Windows, it's automatically set to 100% input level. This is a default setting from Microsoft Windows. Because of the high-quality microphones in Reverb G2, the sensitivity is much higher than the default Windows 10 settings expect. HP recommends setting the Reverb G2 microphone input level starting at 50%. An optimal setting will be specific to its user for use with applications which do not have an 'auto-gain' microphone setting. Examples of applications which have an 'auto-gain' are Skype, Zoom, Teams, and Cisco WebEx. Not all VR social or broadcasting applications have this feature.
  • This issue is corrected by fully depressing the joystick until it clicks and it will move freely.
  • While most games do not display the controllers or use the models installed by the driver, some games use their own versions of the controller models, either to customize them or to display contextual help for the available inputs. Usually, this does not block any features of the games but might lead to confusion or visual artifacts. This can be fixed with an update of the game itself.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.