Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have same "issue". When I pre-ordered HP Reverb G2 promise from HP that they comes to improve lenses of reason to delayed shipping. I was agree to wait delayed shipment because wanted better lenses. How can I be sure that my G2 include "better improved" lenses?

If HP will not promise to send better lenses for me for free I will return my goods.

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear about your lenses concern.  If there is an updated lens, then I'm going to need it because the sweet spot has not gone away and I think it is a falsehood to have one of these posts in this thread highlighted in GREEN as a "solution" to the problem.  I mean, do we have to "just deal" with this problem as the solution page said?  Do we have to take these issues to a wider audience in order to get any help with this? I'm almost at that stage where I'm going to do that.  Modifying/replacing the foam eye padding is not a solution but a Band-Aid because now you have introduced a comfort issue.  In real life my immediate peripheral vision is not blurry, this is not life-like in any way.  It looks manufactured and sloppy.

HP Recommended

I ordered the thing for Flight Simulator and the visual quality is so amazingly bad the product is unusable for the intended purpose (the reviews samples that are online comparing headsets are 20x better than what I am seeing).

This is pretty atrocious. My lenses are showing color fringing, and only the center 5% is sharp enough to read on-screen text. I have to move my head around to read lines of text... the worst part, the shipping box got tossed before I connected the set - so I am stuck with a $600 plastic 'I told you so.' 

What's almost as bad, the controllers require BlueTooth... lol. Nowhere did I read Bluetooth was a system requirement. So they are DOA as far as I am concerned. I have no plans to use them, but just to see how they operate I'm resorting to a bluetooth USB dongle to see if that will even work. Why all communications isn't handled inside the product since it is a SET, amazes me. A clear product marketing fail. 

HP - charging $600 for something - then use plastic lenses of a quality that is maybe acceptable for a kids toy? Wow. 

ps: I tried contacting support, yes, I did find a phone number, but navigating the phone tree to find a person was, well, just as bad as the video quality. Their first question was "Do you want to return the product?"  I was calling about making the hand sets work ... lol. So I guess I'm not the first for call and complain about the Reverb G2. Anyway - while the tech was 'researching for solutions' the call was disconnected, and even though they asked for a phone number is case of disconnect, they never called back. So, I'd rank their support as I am ranking the Reverb G2: dismal on every point.

HP Recommended

No, you don't need separate BT connection for the controllers. They are pairing automatically with the headset.
You have to connect the whole kit via Displayport, USB 3.0 and power connection. I assume you have these available.

But to reply to the topic, it really is very frustrating. The edges are very blurry, it gives this unrealistic feeling that in order to see objects sharp I have to turn my head rather than just my eyes. This is not how you perceive the world normally.

I think we have to live with it, because it's how the lenses were manufactured. Removing or changing the pad is also a non ideal solution since you give up the comfort for some more clarity.

Despite that I still think the visuals in MS Flight Simulator is amazing! This VR set has some faults that we have to live with. Maybe the next generation will be improved.

HP Recommended

@Szcsongor

The Hand Controllers are Bluetooth: if you do not have Bluetooth capability in your computer (many desktops don't) the controllers are useless.  Here's HP's specs on the controllers:

HP Reverb G2 Controllers
Sensors: HP Reverb G2 tracking, IMU, active LEDs
Connections: Bluetooth®
Inputs: A&B (right) or X&Y(left) buttons, menu button, Windows button, analog grip, analog trigger,
thumbstick, pairing button (prepaired to HMD)
Power: Two AA batteries per controller (included in box)
Dimensions (WxDxH) 2.6x5x4.7in (66x129x119mm)
Weight (w/o cable) 0.37lbs (167g)

HP Recommended

Not true: I have the controllers, no bluetooth in my PC, and they work absolutely fine, they are recognized by the headset. 

HP Recommended

I think you misunderstand the BT connectivity here. It just means that the controllers are communicating with the headset using BT tech. You don't need to pair it with your computer, so no need to have BT capability.

I know because I also don't have BT in my desktop and the controllers work just fine.

HP Recommended

Not sure what you guys are smoking but here's the HP G2 Controller Instructions. 

https://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-5420ENW

Add a device
To pair a controller with your system’s Bluetooth:
1. Turn on the controller by holding down the Windows button on the controller.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Press the small button near the end of the controller (near the wrist strap).
4. When the lights begin flashing half on, half off, it’s in pairing mode.
5. Select Bluetooth from the list.
6. Select the controller from the list of Bluetooth devices.
7. When the controller pairs, it will vibrate.
8. Replace the battery cover.

To pair a controller with your HP Reverb G2 :
1. Run HP Reverb VR Headset Setup.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions

(the setup instructions lead you to pair the hand controllers via Bluetooth).

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Yeah, they are bluetooth, but connect to the headset, not the PC bluetooth.  I still haven't found any real solution to the blurriness.  This is a deal breaker for me.  It also gives me headaches.

HP Recommended

This is so funny - when I tried to connect them Windows told me I didn't have Bluetooth and there was nothing to connect or pair with. Adding a Bluetooth USB dongle made it sort of work - never did get it working as expected. Looks like either my headset is broken, different, or just plain garbage.

That said - the visual aspect is unacceptable and why I am still trying to return the set.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.