Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting error 7-14 when I plug in my new reverb g2 and try to open the mixed reality portal. I rebooted several times. I updated windows and my gpu drivers. It has been unplugged and replugged, verifying all connections several times. The breakout box is connected to the wall. I uninstalled the headset drivers from the device manager, and redownloaded the drivers. I tried using the usb-c to usb-a adapter, which did nothing on all available usb ports except the front panel usb port for some reason. With that connection I was only able to use it at 60hz and there was no audio.

I had previously used a rift-s on the system with no problems. Am I missing something, or is this a problem with the cable?

Asus Tuf x570 mobo, rx580 gpu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I installed a pci-e usb 3.0 card. It doesn't work in 90hz mode, but 60hz mode works, and so does the audio. Attempting 90hz mode results in error 13-14

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
HP Recommended

I have this problem too on a new ASUS X570-Pro motherboard - not one of the 10 available USB ports works. Seems fishy.

HP Recommended

I am also experiencing error 7-14. I am using USB-A adapter because I do not have a working USB-C connection. Device manager seems to identify it but connection keeps resetting. 

HP Recommended

I installed a pci-e usb 3.0 card. It doesn't work in 90hz mode, but 60hz mode works, and so does the audio. Attempting 90hz mode results in error 13-14

HP Recommended

Oh no this sounds bad. I am still waiting on the arrival of my headset but reading this scares me a little especially the lack of support from HP and the difficulty to RMA a product with HP because their support sucks isn't giving me good feelings right now. I hope you get it fix asap. Gd luck guys.... Saying that, this shouldn't even be happening.... Another too good to be true product me thinks

HP Recommended

I received mine yesterday and ran into the same issue. I have a USB 3 hub and when I plugged into that (with the A-adapter) instead of directly into one of the motherboard ports, it resolved the problem.

HP Recommended

Try a USB 3 hub, that fixed it for me.

HP Recommended

Are you able to use 90hz mode? What kind of usb card are you using?

HP Recommended

Mik_Island I'm not sure about 90hz mode, how do I check that?

I'm using an external USB 3 hub plugged into one of the motherboard's USB 3 ports.

The hub is unpowered made by Orico, it's an AMD motherboard. What I'm gathering is that a lot of people on AMD are experiencing this problem. If you want more details I can try to get that for you.

HP Recommended

I checked under Headset Display settings in windows and I see Resolution=4320x2160 and Frame rate=90Hz.

I'm using an ASMedia USB chipset PCIe add-in card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.