Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I am planning to buy an HP wireless mouse for my HP notebook but since i lose things regularly. Could you please tell me if I were to lose the nano receiver how could I connect it to my laptop.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Aryan_Sethi 

@Aryan_Sethi wrote:

Hi!

I am planning to buy an HP wireless mouse for my HP notebook but since i lose things regularly. Could you please tell me if I were to lose the nano receiver how could I connect it to my laptop.

Thanks

You would not be able to connect the mouse if you lose the receiver.

In so much that I am aware HP mice cannot be trained to use a different receiver.

If available in your region, for example, Logitech sells mice, keyboards, and sells spare receivers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the solution but would the Logitech ones work with the HP mouse. If yes, could you please attach an International buying link for the same

Thanks and Regards

HP Recommended

@Aryan_Sethi 

Sorry for the confusion.

No, HP mouse does not work with Logitech receiver - at least not as far as I have ever known.

HP mouse works with HP receiver.

Nice HP mouse, just don't lose the receiver that goes with the mouse.

I guess you could I suppose attach a "finder" tag on the receiver if you are prone to removing it from the computer and losing track of it.  Finder tags and similar devices are sold by Amazon, for example.  Not part of the solution here, though you could certainly do a search for such.  If you are prone to losing things, this kind of device might prove valuable.  No, I don't know if they are available in your region.  Search, for example, for "find my stuff tags" or "key finder"

The Logitech solution is all Logitech - mice, keyboards, receivers that all work together.  In the case of this product line, the receivers can be purchase separately - to be used with Logitech devices.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.