Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset

There is much speculation as to what will happen with our HP Reverb G2 after Windows drops the Windows Mixed Reality Portal (WMR). Some have stated that this will not be an issue until Windows 12 is released. Recently, many are stating the G2 will become useless after the next major Windows current OS update.

Does anyone know the reality? NOT HEARSAY, NOT SPECULATION!! I need to see REAL documentation from (Preferably) HP, but I will settle for clarification from Microsoft. Still waiting to hear back from HP, and will update if I hear anything back from them.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Very curious to hear the HP and MS response as well. My HP reverb is only 2 years old. Unacceptabel that it would be bricked because MS withdraws WMR support and HP is depending on this.

HP Recommended

Microsoft have announced that the next major Windows 11 update (24H2) will exclude the Window Mixed Reality Portal completely. So that will turn your and my Reverb G2 into an expensive door stop. The suggested work around is to disable Windows Update....no really....The word from HP appears to be silence. They have your money so they really couldn't give a ****.

HP Recommended

I can confirm that this bricks your VR headset. I am running the insider preview for Windows 11 and have upgraded to 24H2 which has stopped the headset from working, and drivers are inoperable in device manager. SteamVR in windows also does not recognise the headset.

Time to downgrade to 23H2 and only get security updates.

Really hope HP can remedy this and maybe move to OpenXR native such as other headsets like Q3 and Pimax.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.