Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HWsense, did you ever figure out how to get XMP back? Did you try legacy XTU?

HP Recommended

Yes I was going to make a video about it this week, as its a bit tricky to get the memory menu to show now.

Credit to another community member Comlab1:

So when I installed Intel XTU 7.0.1.4  it also updated the Intel XTU Component Device Driver to 7.0.1.4 . After that even HP Omen Game Hub was no longer to see the Memory Overclock section. I rolled back the driver in the Device Manager to 6.5.2.38  and installed the older release of XTU 6.5.2.40 . After that the Memory tab was back in HP Game Hub and Intel XTU

So this is the solution to have the XMP menu back in XTU, but before making any changes or activating it, you need to set the memory to default in the Omen Gaming Hub, which is at 2933mhz, then you can go and activate the XMP profile. 

HP Recommended

Awesome, thank you!

BTW, there is a guy on HP Omen discord channel who has made custom BIOS for his Omen. He showed a screen shot of the RAM settings and he had full options for tweaking RAM voltage, timings, etc. I tried to DM him but he won't respond.

Generally speaking, there are a number of forums that have people who can create custom BIOS using a dump of the system BIOS. It is beyond me, but it is an option.

HP Recommended

Where’s a good place to download this old version of xtu and the driver?

HP Recommended

For the driver you don't have to download anything, just right click on it in the Device Manager where the driver is and select revert driver option, that's it.

As for the XTU, just google the old 6.5.2.40 version and it will pop up on several locations. 

HP Recommended

That comes to show that adding an XMP profile enable/disable in the BIOS is easily done and HP can do it, but they choose not to. 

HP Recommended

Absolutely. They don't want to deal with people potentially burning out their components, even though there's so many safeguards in place. It's a bit ridiculous considering other pre-builds (like ibuypower) don't limit us since they use non-proprietary motherboards, but such is life.

I read on reddit that someone managed to OC a 9700K to 5ghz stable, with no other adjustments besides frequency, on a 120mm AIO. They claimed it operated within safe temperatures during gaming, and got just a bit warm during Cinebench. I am hopeful my 10700K will OC with minimal adjustments based on that, but it sounds like they had good luck with their silicon. I haven't had a chance to look at XTU since I'm still waiting on my PC, but it sounds like we can't adjust RAM timings, which is a shame. Can we at least adjust frequency? It's possible that this HyperfuryX might run at 3600mhz, all else held equal. I know the budget Crucial Ballistics can be pushed from 3200 to 3600 without any other adjustments, and I believe those are E-Die.

HP Recommended

I personally wouldn't overclock any of those new CPUs without a proper cooling or without a "real" motherboard. XTU is great, but I am not a fan of software overclocking, for enabling XMP is fine and adjusting timings, which you can definitely do with no problems, as long as you are not trying to overclock above the rated XMP. 

HP Recommended

Interesting. So are you saying we are capped out at XMP or are you able to overclock 1 of the 2 settings (either Mhz or timings, but not both)?

BTW, I have watched all your videos on YouTube (several of them more than one time). You're the only person who has taken the time to really dive deep on this PC and provide great information. I'm very grateful for that. Once mine arrives, I am going to play with all the settings and some of the internals. I will report back on any changes I make and provide details.

HP Recommended

@hwsense wrote:

For the driver you don't have to download anything, just right click on it in the Device Manager where the driver is and select revert driver option, that's it.

As for the XTU, just google the old 6.5.2.40 version and it will pop up on several locations. 

So have you actually tried to do this? It seems that, in my case at least, it's more complicated than you make it sound.

I have a total of 16 lines of Intel XTU component device listed in device manager. These all show the newer driver. 7.0.1.4 Downloading and installing what is supposed to be the 6.5.2.40 XTU version shows as version 7.0.1.4 after restarting the computer and opening it up.

Also, the roll back driver option is not available. I imagine the old driver version was never on this computer to roll back to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.