Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RTX 2080 Ti card
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few months ago I posted a topic about cooling problems with the RTX 2080 Ti from Hp itself. I did not receive a conclusive answer from HP other than that the temps that became 89-90 ° C were ok. Everyone knows that this is not the case and this will not benefit the life of the card.

After starting a search myself, consulting various forums ... Took the risk and ordered and installed this cooling block. Works perfectly temps are now on full load for 4 hours under stress benching at max 49 ° C. So anyone who wants to put a decent cooling on this, I have used this:
Corsair Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20 SERIES GPU waterblock (2080 Ti FE) water cooling together with extra cooling pads, as certain zones were not covered by this block and an extra thermal paste on the card's CPU. The Pads Used:
Gelid Solutions Extreme Thermal pad 0.5mm

I hope this post can help some people. It is very difficult to find anything about this.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In similar boat that you were in last year. Picked up a refurb Omen with 2080 Super. Wound up ditching the original case and MB due to high temps and lack of basic fan and RAM timing control. The CPU temps are now super chill and now I need to do something about this dang blower fan. Thank you for updating with your results. Did you go all corsair for pump, res, and rad? Tempted to go with EK for the block and backplate at least.PXL_20210426_061509807.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you in advance for the response.
The more people respond, the better it can be spread.

I have a pump of ek (D5 with reservoir of 160)
I am still unsure whether I would buy the icue commander pro from corsair for the scheme. However, I read little good about this online.

I do have control for rgb and rgb fusion 2.0 on my motherboard (which works on Aorus Master mobo). However, I still have to connect the cables for this first day.

I'll keep you informed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.