Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 880-551na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have recently bought my new Omen by HP 880-551na Gaming PC with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 and Intel i7-9700k. It has performing great since i bought it almost two weeks ago.

Although I'm satisfied with the purchase, I have recently came across an annoying issue. Around every half hour - 1 hour, for 3-4 seconds, my computer starts to hitch and freeze. At first i thought it was my game as it had a bug where there were FPS issues but when i do other things, like search the internet or play other games, the problems keeps on persisting.

Do you have any solutions to fix this problem? I have the latest Graphics Card drivers and my Windows is up to date.

Thank You.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AymzFN 

The only things that come to mind are to make sure you are fully up to date. Manually force Windows updates to search, even if it says its up to date.

There might also be a service starting up in the back ground every half hour that's taking up resources momentarily and causing the freeze.  You would have to open the Task Manager and keep an eye on whats opening at that time.

Control/Alt/Delete will open the task manager. Click once on the CPU Column to highlight it and arrange the percentages from highest to lowest. When a service pops up at the moment of the freeze that you think is the culprit, you can disable it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.