Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

If you watch the video in the link you attached to your reply, you would understand what I am trying to say. The video isn't making any sense to me. at 3:30 in the video the USB media is done downloading. Now listen, after that do I shut off my pc and UNPLUG the HDD and leave the new SSD in there than boot from the USB stick and do everything in there?

HP Recommended

Yes.

After the tool creates the bootable flash drive, you shut down the PC, unplug the hard drive, install the new SSD.

There is no need to install the SSD before creating the recovery media.

Then boot from the cloud recovery media and hopefully it will work on the SSD with the hard drive unplugged.

HP Recommended

OHhhh ok I understand now

HP Recommended

Please let us know how it works out.

HP Recommended

Is it guaranteed its gonna work because I don't want to break my pc somehow

HP Recommended

I can't guarantee anything, but it should work.

As I wrote yesterday, if the cloud recovery tool doesn't work on the SSD, then clean install W10, because that should work fine.

HP Recommended

Should I just be safe and do a clean install of windows 10 with the media creation tool? Will I still have all the software and driver my pc came with or do I have to download them all?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

You will only have access to the software that HP has on the support page.

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-0000i Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

I would try the cloud recovery tool first.

Worst case scenario is it won't work, and you go ahead with the clean install using the Media creation tool.

HP Recommended

Is cloning an option?

HP Recommended

Yes, but I don't know how to do that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.