Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L AMD Ryzen 7, RX 5700,
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I bought this PC brand new from Currys. I am not a gamer and bought it for video editing, rendering, uploading and so on. It is probably a better bit of kit than I need for these kind of tasks. I am pleased with it except that there has not been a moment since I started it up that the fans have not been running. Both the two main visible fans inside are constantly running and the little one at the bottom/back kicks in and out occasionally (clicking when it starts and stops which is quiet noisy). In the command centre the GPU is 32 and CPU 56. 

I have only used it for basic webcam recording (5 mins or less in duration), rendering and uploading, plus the usual email/office stuff.

Is there a problem? I'd like to be able to turn them off if I could

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Not a problem at all, the fans will be running on a lower RPMs when you have a minimal load on the components, if you start rendering or playing games, they kick up a little bit, but they are not too audible even at maximum load. So no need to worry its all normal.  

Now the clicking sound might be an issue of a faulty fan or maybe is just hitting something to make the clicking sound. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the response.

Do you know any way to enable to fun to run at all times ? That might solve the clicking noise. Also checked and does`nt seem like the fan is hitting anything.

Thank you

HP Recommended

The fans should be running at all times, just on a different RPMs, depending on the load. 

HP Recommended

@L323  I was curious about the fan you say is in the bottom back corner? The only fan there would be the fan inside the power supply. Is that what you meant, or are you talking about one of the other fans like the top back that exhausts out the back end?

Either way, if the fan noise is loud enough to be a hindrance, you can absolutely contact HP Support for warranty service as you still under warranty. Or if Curry's will allow, you can always return it for exchange. What ever is easier. They might even take a look at it for you to see what can be done first.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.