Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, So I have an Hp Omen 880-p1xx/112na gaming desktop. I've had it about 6-8 months now and I want to know if I can upgrade my air cooling fan say to an Corsair H60 AIO liquid cooler or the Kraken M22 . I need to know if the back plates of the mobo fit. Also I have originally an i7 8700 (Non K) and upgrading to a i7 8700K. I know that this CPU is upgradable I just need to know if a single aio fan like H60 i said above fits. It's an 120mm fan already in the case. I'm going to save up for an RTX 2070 super of 2080 IDK yet....

I'm also going to need to PSU soon as the components are a higher wattage. But for now I'm  upgrading the CPU and a aio liquid cooler. I just need any help if the brackets at the back fits so I don't have to tear the desktop apart. 

(Also do you think I need to upgrade PSU after installing i7 8700K and the liquid cooling aio as the original is only 500W)

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, your PC supports a 8700K.

Well, AIO CPU liquid coolers ship with a backplate. Every PC I have upgraded to this cooling system on Intel motherboards requires using the vendor provided backplate. Intel MBs don't provide a backplate.

The backplate will fit in your MB. You may have to disassemble the system and remove the MB from the chassis if you don't have easy access (removable rear panel) to the back of the MB.

A 2080 requires a minimum 650 watt PSU, a 2070 requires a 550 watt PSU.

Some AIO CPU cooling systems require a USB 2.0 connection to the MB to communicate with the required software to control fan and pump speeds. HP MBs cannot do this function.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz, 

Thanks very much for the fast reply. Sorry I didn't reply back as i was busy. Thank you for helping me out in every way. About the aio cooler problem. I read other posts anf forums about it and apparently some to fit with the original bracket at the back of the motherboard. Mostly its and acer or asetek brand that actually works I just don't think went plugging it into the MB most people are saying that they are having issues with a bios error saying 90rp of something. I understand that this is because the newly installed aio and fan is a much fast start-up then the original fan built into it. If i do go with these aio coolers is there anyway to remove the error for the future as this is just a blue screen that pops up once you turn on the computer. I heard that i cant be switched and everything runs normally as this aio will help out a lot when i overclock my new cpu and gpu. 

Thanks again 

Squid.

HP Recommended

@SquidTheKing ,

You're very welcome.

I am not aware of a way to disable the fan error message in the BIOS when you use a AIO CPU liquid cooler.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.