marksfp
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Picture in Picture version not supporting my display

Hp Picture in Picture
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I wish to connect the video output from my Ps3 to be displayed on the screen of my HP Touchsmart 610. I have it all connected via HDMI etc but for some reason i am getting a message when starting Hp Picture in Picture that says something like "this version of Hp Picture in Picture is not supported by your display", the thing is, it worked fine the other day and did for years. I have NOT changed ANY hardware, whether it be the monitor, pc itself, ps3, hdmi cable, i haven't even updated the ps3 or pc since. One day it worked, i played, got tired, went to bed, woke up and BOOM it says my display doesn't support the hp PIP software, please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,975
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @marksfp, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you when you connect your PS3 to HP all in one PC you are getting an error picture in picture version not supported.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your PC?

Does your PC support HDMI input?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

For now, the only app I know of that works properly is Microsoft’s own Movies & TV app. Skype is also said to have a picture in picture but I couldn’t get it to work. Your mileage may vary of course. Presumably, other UWP-compatible apps will follow soon.

For now, Movies & TV is it. If you have the Windows 10 Creators Update, try this to use the picture in picture mode.

1. Open the Movies & TV app within Windows 10. The app will open maximized in the main window.

2. Select the media you want to play and begin playback. While the app opens in the Store, you can also right click your own media and select ‘Open with…. Movies & TV’.

Also, you can try downloading the latest version of the HP picture in picture software from the link below and check if it helps.

Download the software using this link: https://hp.care/2KimJ6L

Try the steps recommended below to connect another PC to an all-in-one using HDMI In port.

Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI-out port of the media device. (game console, disc player, another computer, etc.)

Insert the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI-in port on the computer, located on the lower-left side of the monitor.

Press the HDMI IN button, which is located on the underside of the lower-left corner of the monitor.

The computer switches to HDMI mode.

To switch back to PC mode, press and hold the HDMI IN button.

Refer this article to know more information about connecting the HDMI to your PC.

Since you have not shared the exact product number of your PC. I may not be able to tell you if there is an HDMI in port on your PC.

Please share the product details to assist you better.

Refer this article to know more information about find product details on your PC. Link: https://hp.care/2BGpkDB

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
marksfp
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mr.Robot, I had Hp picture in picture working so yes i know how to attach the HDMI cable correctly, my pc however, i did forget, oops, totally screwed up so i had to reinstall Windows 8.1 from scratch, obviously that affected this result. The pc is a HP all in one touchsmart 610. Product no: QU328AA#ABG, model no: 610-1210a. I have limited internet access at the moment and everything is going very slowly so I have not ignored your response and do appreciate it, thankyou! However, i have not managed to get things working yet and am still trying to sort out the Microsoft TV and Video etc, i'll let you know if this is indeed the solution asap. The Hp Picture in Picture link you gave was the exact same file. The weird thing is i had the exact file, including exact file size etc already backed up and it worked before my pc crashed and reinstalled, so perhaps i had some windows updates before that i have not got yet due to limited internet access, hence i turned updates off till i recharge, because atm i am using just the internet that comes with my phone credit. Like i said, i'm still working on it, i have installed TV and Video but still need the creators update that apparently does come for Win 8.1 Ty for your reply and i'll get back to you asap!

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,975
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@marksfp, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you have not tried the steps you will try the steps and get back to us.

Also, as you mentioned after updating windows you are facing this issue.

Also, I would suggest you install the picture in picture mode software from recovery manager and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

Sure you can take your time and try out the steps.

If you have any concerns after trying out the steps. 

Please write back to us we will try our best to help you out.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation