Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-b0000 (2W6B0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I ordered my laptop through amazon on 21 feb,2023 and got it delivered on 25 feb, 2023, 1 day later I started to notice that the touchpad used to not work properly and the cursor would just stick at a place not moving a all and lagging while it moved. Then comes the big shock, I visited this website to check its warranty and to my surprise its expired (dec 2021 - feb 2023), it lasted only 3 days after I bought this laptop. so my question is did I get scammed by the dealer who sold me a second hand device (as the warranty started from dec 2021). Now if you answer by telling you should buy laptops from hp authorised stores only and not online my answer is this - WHY ON EARTH WILL YOU ALLOW YOUR LAPTOPS TO BE SOLD ONLINE?. My father is pissed at me as he thinks I wasted his money by buying a second hand laptop please tell me that i am the first to use this laptop and I can get my warranty renewed

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi @Shreyasc03 

reassure your father
this happens regularly, which is probably your case..
the Guarantee system is poorly designed
when a computer is found at a retailer, the warranty date is not applied at the time of purchase, but often, because it leaves the factory, the delay can therefore be more or less important!
Hp has set up a system, try:

HP PCs, printers - Dispute a warranty status | HP® Customer Support

but since bought from amazon, try to see directly with them, for an exchange / refund!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you, got my warranty corrected

HP Recommended

hi

great !
please validate the solution in this case

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.