Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870 090
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to change my HDD storage to a M.2 NVMe, but i'm not sure about if the M.2 port that I have is PCIe and accepts NVMe discs.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If I don't mistake your desktop is coming with Intel 6th gen processors, so probably a Z170 based motherboard, the Thimphu motherboard.

Normally Z170 supports the NVME drives, but I am not a 100% sure if HP's Thimphu would support it, but if we follow the logic, it should.  

HP Recommended

@Bauty 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-000-desktop-pc-series/11084748/document/c0526695...

It already has

• 256GB of M.2 SSD drive
  • 2TB of normal HDD drive  (very big)

If you wish to upgrade 256GB to larger drive please use Device manager to see what it is and buy a larger capacity drive. For example my machine has

omen disk.png

It has 256GB Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD, I can replace with a larger (capacity) Samsung drive. I can use different vendors but I use this for example.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank You, but what I asked you is if the M.2 ports that my motherboard (Thimphu) has are SATA or PCIE NVME. The 256GB SSD I have isn't and M.2. And also, so you have a motherboard handbook?

Thank You.

HP Recommended

Hello
it seems to me that @banhien  answered your question
you can , take a look here :
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-000-desktop-pc-series/11084748/document/c0531867...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.