Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP envy Phoenix 810
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm new to the computer building scene and I think I might have really messed up my computer. So I was having an issue that a GPU would only boot in safe mode but not regularly and I was trying to diagnose, in doing so I found a form that said I should go into my BIOS and change the startup procedure. I can't find the exact article but I'll look for it.

Anyway now my computer will only boot onto the HP screen, no loading, no F8 to get to safe mode, No ESC to get into Bios. Absolutely nothing.

I have tried holding down the windows key and B and nothing works, I've taken out my ram and reinstalled, I've taken out the internal battery and put it back in, and I've even put in my old GPU and same issue. 

Please help guys, if I can't fix this I essentially just destroyed a PC I just bought.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

At first: It's nearly impossible to destroy a whole machine, but single parts are possible.

At second: You should tell us what's installed in your machine or at least provide us a link to the products page (there are a lot envy phoenix 810 models available).

• Are you sure you've reinstalled the CMOS battery right way (+/- connection)?
  • Did you (accidently) disconnect the CPU FAN? most systems won't boot without this fan connected.
  • Same question for all power and other cords.

• Did you try F1, F10 or "Del" to enter the Bios?
    • If you have a short amount of "wait on bootup" you have to repress the buttons quickly.

f.e. I need to press F10 to get into bios.

• When you get into the BIOS, rearrange the startup to 1st USB 2nd Windows drive (SSD/ HDD) So you'll be safe to use a recovery flash drive whenever it's neccessary (like now).
  • If that doesn't help, try to download a Windows ISO (or use a recovery drive if you have one) and try to repair (if it recognizes your Windows drive).

If you really can't enter the BIOS:

If you have more then 1 RAM Dimm installed, try to boot with only one (try each slot and repeat it with the other DIMMs). It's possible that a DIMM isn't installed properly or is broken.

For detailed support we need to know more details about your computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.