Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
ENVY ALL IN ONE 32 4k HDR A0007NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone In the end I decided to ask here as nowhere I can find the solution to my problem.

I jave the hp envy all in one 32 4k HDR A0007NL with the geforce RTX 2080. All is good, but i can't understand why I can't turn on the HDR option in games. It always says (in game otpion when i try to turn it on) "this screen does not support HDR mode" or somthing similar depend on the game. This happen in every game i play with, DOOM ETERNAL, F1 2020, MORTAL KOMBAT 11 (of course every game is original). I really can't figure out. Every game is updated with every new update/patch and same for windows 10 home edition preinstalled on the pc. Same with nvidia drivers.

Initially I thought this screen did not support HDR and therefore was poorly described, but by connecting both the PS4 and PS5 to the hdmi IN of the pc, the HDR option is activated correctly in the console settings and the games work perfectly in 4k HDR. But no way for the pc games (i also tried to activate in windows display options "use app and games in hdr" (windows look orrible with that setting on) and nothing happen, still can't activate HDR option in games.

Someone with this model has by chance tried and had similar problems?

Thanks alot!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @m4inev3nt

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

 I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

Hence I have limited access to help you with hardware, I request you to contact Phone support for more Help. Where they can take the remote to the computer and fix it for you.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Hello, contact hp trough phone?

Have you ever tried to contact the phone support? 10 minutes just for let them understand what is a all in one pc..and what is my problem. They can't understand how to make some reboot, do you think thay can understand a similar spcific technical problem regarding a poor specification of the motherboard?..When you ask them something they are goingto look if they find something in the manual...

Out of warranty? This Pc is brand new, 2020 models..Did you read the subject? "HP ENVY all in one 32 with RTX 2020.." it's a model from march 2020 how can be out of warranty. you see? It's exactly the same thing that happen when you call via phone, people don't listen at you, they just reply with standard pre-pack answers and you just loooooose su much time for no results.

The fact it's really simple, this all in one pc has a motherboard that NOT support correctly HDR standard in pc ambient..hdr works only as external monitor for console for example and i buyed it because of 4k HDR. that's the only fact unfortunately. Totally misleading product indications. ""it's most likely because the device is out of warranty."...jesus..here we go again with a pre-packed reply that has nothing to do with what i asked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.