Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Obelisk Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this problem for a long time and thought it would have been fixed with the release of the new Omen Light Studio, but no.

The only option I get is for the front light (the omen symbol on the front of the case), nothing about the side light that illuminates the internals through the glass panel. The side light is on and is stuck on red (although turning on the system starts the side light off as a white-ish pink, before changing to red just before being able to sign into windows). I have changed and upgraded a few components since buying it, but I recall this problem being there long before that.  

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your help in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Anduun224 

How long ago did it happen exactly?

Did you not contact HP Support for warranty service when it began?

This is the first thing you should do when there is an issue. Otherwise it gets let go past the warranty date and they will not help you later.

Ive read a few threads from users experiencing the same thing you are. The interior RGB would work for a while, then it would either stick to red or not work at all.

Unfortunately, none of them came back with the answer in the end.

About all I can suggest is that either an update borked the ability, you have a loose or faulty wire or light strip, or the controller itself is the culprit (hardware failure).

If you have updated all of the Windows drivers over time and reinstalled the command center (game hub), the only other thought I can offer is to try "clean" reinstalling windows and start over. Or if you are under warranty still, contact Support directly... Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.