Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen obelisk 1060gtx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the omen obelisk gtx1060 model. I am wanting to upgrade the motherboard but don’t know if I could move up to an atx from the micro. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The Obelisk is a very new product by HP.

Why do you want to change the motherboard (MB)? You may void your HP warranty if you change the MB.

HP generally uses uATX MBs. HP also uses proprietary MB designs. A ATX MB may not fit in your HP chassis.

You may (most likely will) have to purchase a new Windows product key if you change the MB.

Regards

HP Recommended

Because this mother board is super basic no other usb headers to run fans on or anything. And I want to go to z370 chipset. And I have my os on my ssd I should be fine. The current mb is micro are I don’t really see much more room to fit a bigger board. Well guess I’ll have to upgrade the trash case too. Case fan is 80mm which is super odd ball. Only one slot for a 120mm fan so it gets super warm inside the case. Idk for how hyped these omen obelisk PCs are I am upset I didn’t just build my own. And they freaking market it as easily upgradable but everything is a pain honestly lol. Just want like 1 extra fan for exhaust and some rgb / usb headers 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I hear you.

Do what you have to do if you are not happy.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.